I do not know where to start. I guess I will start by saying this: I am putting this out in the online world. Despite that, cruel comments are not wanted. So if you don't have something nice to say (type), don't say (type) it at all. This is very deep and personal to me, and I would appreciate it that if you read all the way through to show respect for my feelings, whether you comment or not. Because if you read it, you might as well read it all. Also, it brings it some religious aspects, but these go along with my whole story. Alright. Here goes nothing.
My parents have had some issues they need to work through. My dad can be sensitive and emotional, and my mom has quite a temper (yes, we all know now where I get it from). They are wonderful people, but sometimes letting negative emotions come in can let them control your actions and thoughts easier. Most Sundays, you'll find us at church for three hours from 11:30 to 2:30 (or 9:00 to 12:00). I enjoy church, and I find that when I need something the most it appears there for me.
My dad wasn't in his class (we have Sacrament for the first hour with everyone, and two different classes based on age and gender for the next two hours) when I left mine to go get a drink of water. I saw my dad sitting on the couch. I went to get a drink of water, and tried talking to them.
We all know the feeling of when we want to bottle up our emotions and hide them, and this was one of those times. So I got him to promise to talk to me when we got home. We got home, and Mama was in the living room with us. They mostly talked, and then he got angry and went upstairs. Mama and I continued talking, and I told her I wanted to go talk to Daddy. She said that he'd say something vicious (because everyone knows we say really mean things when we're angry, and she mentioned that), and we kept talking. Something that came up was enduring to the end and the blessings we'll receive, as well as putting your faith in God. Well, I had told my dad that if you believe in God and know that He's the one truly creating these miracles, you could preform a million miracles. So I said something similar to my mom. She said she knows that the Lord will never abandon us and help us out when we have done everything we can, but she was worried my dad hadn't.
So I then told her I WAS going up to talk to Daddy, and I told him some things we talked about. He sighed and said some stuff and Mama also said some stuff. I then suggested we should pray. So we all sat down on the bed, and we all took turns praying.
Each prayer was unique and special. My dad's was mostly about opening his heart to the Lord and letting Him in. My mother's was mostly about myself and my dad. And mine was mostly about thanking the Lord, though I did ask him to help me with some things I need to work on.
And you know what? It worked. I have a wonderful feeling in my heart - no, I KNOW in my heart - that this is what will help us with all our problems. It's just another part of the millions of everyday miracles.
Before I finish up, I just want to tell everyone:
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Thank you for being my friends to support me.
Thank you for reading this blog.
Thank you for being my wonderful family.
Thank you for being friends OF my wonderful family.
And don't let me forget - thank you, Heavenly Father, for giving EVERYONE a million miracles each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment