Monday, February 22, 2010

Is there a solution?

This all started when I was arguing with my dad on some giant subject, again.  I was arguing about gold not being useful, and then it went to baseball players and teachers and so I said we as people in general value rarity more than ethics, because a lot of sports players do bad things. xD And my mom broke us up.  So on my Neopets guild, I posted that summary, and went on to encompass more things.  Here's my posts:

"Honestly, if you reeeaaally think about it, gold isn't all that useful.
And yet we use it for trade, instead of items for items. If we traded that way, it would help a lot of people in poverty.
Of course, it could also send some people into poverty...
Is there no way out of these issues?"

"There's got to be a way to balance it all. The world THRIVES on balance. Good and bad come equal in the world.
So obviously, there MUST be a way to make the world perfect - so to speak/in a way - without sacrificing beautiful things - love and color and all that.
Because in every book you read with Utopias, don't they all sacrifice something? Have SOME issue?"

So now I'm making a blog post about the whole deal of figuring a solution to all the bad things, and the things that are clearly unfair.

So now I'm asking everyone who comes on here: What are YOUR opinions, ideas, and suggestions?  Is there a way out with keeping our diversity?  What do YOU think?

I mean, we're all people here in this world.  We breathe the same air, feel the same emotions, and, oftentimes, think the same thing.

So let's find a solution!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love the way your sweet heart looks at things and I wish the world you want could be so. The problem is that there will always be issues that prevent successful utopias. They have been attempted many times but it comes down to the natural man's desires and wants vs. needs, giving hearts and morals. Or something like that ;). Anyway, the reason utopias have never been successful is that there will always be those who refuse to do their part and there will always be those who are angered by those who will not do their part. There will always be those who feel they should get more and there will always be those who think someone else gets too much. And so what is invisioned cannot be realized. This doesn't mean we can't work toward that good goal. We have always taught you to be tolerant, understanding, loving and non-judgemental. It will be people like you who keep this world sane, even when it seems to be completely insane. So keep writing posts, making YouTubes, writing poems and stories to help make people think about the possibilities of such a world.

    You are the light in our lives and you are a light in this world.
    Love you.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete

Followers