Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cassie (short story)

Great, not again!  The week had been passing so fast I totally forget to do my homework.  But then again, I'd been having a lot of issues to deal with lately.  Such as, the whole "other world" deal.  The fact of the matter is, I'm psychic.  It's a horrible deal, because being psychic is not all it's cracked up to be, especially with a family like mine (I'll tell you about them later).

My name is Cassie.  I'm a fourteen-year-old psychic who helps flush out ghosts for other people.  I am never seen without my camera (I'm an aspiring photographer, too), and it often catches ghosts on screen for proof.  I'm kind of famous around my town, but that's only because of all I do with my camera and ghost seeing/hearing/talking abilities.

Unfortunately, it doesn't excuse me from homework.  A big, fat F - talk about damaging my grades!  This homework assignment was for language arts (which is not my strong point), and it was a whole essay, so it was more points than a normal homework assignment.  My grade dropped from a C - which I barely had in the first place - to a D.  My mom is going to be extremely mad at me.

I'm not exactly the best student in school, but I'm definitely not the worst either.  I usually average at a C in everything but social studies, because it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

My ten-year-old little sister, though, averages at an A for every class, and has no shame by rubbing it in my face every chance she gets.  You see, I'm not the only one with abilities in my family, and Calista gets especially benefited by hers.  Calista super-powers everyone (magical, paranormal, and typical) she's around in every way that they originally have (smarts, senses, and movement are automatic, unless you have a disability that would change these), and that includes herself.

I often feel like I get the short end of the deal.  Mom and Dad even have abilities - Mom has a green thumb and Dad can control the weather.  See my problem here?  I get stuck with paranormal, while Mom and Dad have magical abilities and Calista is a super-charger-person.  Of course, this makes me open-minded, so maybe it's not that bad.

Oh, who am I kidding, it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers