When I listen to songs I like to sing with my mom, I think of everything we've been through, good and bad. And I hold tight to these memories.
When I hear laughter, I think of all the times my friends have cheered me up. Even if they had made me upset in the first place, somehow we always make up. And I hold tight to these memories.
When I see the cafeteria, I think of all the memories good and bad I've had in school. I've been with friends and with enemies, and I've had fun times and bad. And I hold tight to these memories.
When I see the people who've made me who I am, I see how. I've been made who I am by random strangers willing to help me when I tried to make it to an event our Church was hosting when the bag carrying the juice dropped. I've been made by the people who've hurt me and made me cry. I've been made by all the stories I've read. I've been made by the people who I'll never see in real life. I've been made by laughter with my friends. I've been made by the love of my family. I've been made by the change I've had in my life. I've been made by holding tight to all the little memories. I've been made by the people who I've gone to church with. I've been made by my dreams, and the dreams of my friends. I've been made by hopes of people to meet. I've been made by meeting people once, and never seeing them again.
I'm not going to know some, and some have forgotten me, but I promise you: I will never forget. I've been made by you around me, each step I take and each time I laugh. I've been made by those I've been willing to love, even when it's hard.
Some of you may not expect this if you make it to my blog. But these words come from my heart, and I swear to you, these words are true:
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for the great gifts you have given me.
Thank you for making me... me.



DAWH 8D I'm part of this?
ReplyDeleteNo duh. xD
ReplyDeleteEVERYONE IS! *echoes*
That was sweet. You are such a gift to your dad and I.
ReplyDeleteThank you Mama. 8D
ReplyDelete