Thursday, April 2, 2009

Three Months...

I know! I know! I have NOT posted ANYTHING about life for three months or so. That is why I am posting now. This is going to end up longgg.
Anyway, Jonathon has this Random Question of the Day. One day, it was "Apples, question mark." The answer was, "Apples, exclamation point." My answer was, "Apples?" The next day, it was, "Cats, question mark?" I answered, "Cats, exclamation point." He said, "No, it's cats, period." I asked him why, and he said because apples are "delicious and wonderful and happy". He has a point. I guess. It was fairly weird. He also tries to make everybody get answers wrong, so it's probably that.
Another time, Jonathon's Random Question of the Day was, "What is forty-two the answer to?" I answered, "Life, the universe, and everything!" I got it right, because he totally stole it from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Cool book - it has great ideas and everything. Ever since then, forty-two has been stuck in my head for a while. I even put it in an essay. The exact words were, "After all, we don't know what forty-two means." At the bottom, I put a footnote that said, "42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything according to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." I was saying that the individual was more important than the society. I do not like Utopias. There's always something... wrong with them.
Speaking of Utopias, we're doing our Utopia project for school. My partner is Will. I wanted to work alone, but seriously, I had pretty much told myself, "If somebody asks me, I will work in a group. If nobody does, I will work alone." So yeah. And guess what. The magical stuff isn't me. It's Will. He made it all magical, and I'm all GR! I mean, how am I supposed to do the Utopia stuff if there's magic in it?! I've also done most of the stuff for the project (so I guess I CAN do it) because Will keeps getting sick and I think he's procrastinating on working on the project. I don't blame him for getting sick, I mean EVERYBODY does, and poor Will - he's constantly getting sick and missing out on school. Anyway, I think he's procrastinating because when I'm sick, I work on schoolwork if I've been assigned it already. My mom even goes as far as to bring me homework assigned that day that I do when I'm sick. Even if I just miss school for a day she does it. Not in middle school, but all through elementry school... Then again, I have the tendency to be on top of things and go above and beyond. My mom has taught me well.
Anyway, I have short hair now. I got it on last Wednsday, 3/25/09. I have JUST gotten used to it. I mean, a week compared to ten years. I'm lucky it took me such a SHORT amount of time to get used to it, I mean, I have had long hair since I was two. Roughly. I donated it to Locks of Love. It's going to be mentioned in the school newsletter, so yay! It usually takes eight mini ponytails of hair to make a wig, but my hair's so thick, it only will take four. All of it's pretty cool, and I feel all happy and positive inside.
One day in AVID Ms. Moll borrowed Scrabble games for us to play. Mila and I got together to play a Scrabble game. In the end, it turned out to be an Endless Word game, where it ended when you could make no more words. On the first time, we used ALL THE LETTERS. The second time we didn't finish, but it's still cool, right? The reason Ms. Moll brought in Scrabble was because of Akeelah and the Bee. It's a great movie. I wrote down a word from it - loggorhea. It's pronounced log-or-ee-uh. Do you know what it means? Well, it means "incoherent talkativeness", which with me, happens alot. That's why I wrote it down. It's English, by the way. I wish I wrote down more words from Akeelah and the Bee. They had some awesome, VERY advanced ones.
I know I'm kind of jumping all over the place with subjects, but I'm typing things as I think of them, so I'm kind of having trouble NOT jumping all over the place with subjects.
Well, I guess I want to finish up. So to finish up, I am going to ask you to comment. Because I have a, dun dun dun, question. It relates to my Utopia project. Well, not really, but it does relate to Utopias. I want opinions. Here's mine: I believe Utopias are not worth it, and to achieve them, we would take away free will, color, choice, opinions, variety, weather, different land types, differences, and more. I think Utopias are not worth it. I also think, in a way, the world we are in IS a Utopia. Our world balances out, there are enough good things to equal the bad things and make our life perfect for us. We are where we are supposed to be, and that's the whole start of a Utopia. Now you answer. What do you think? What are your beliefs on this subject? Does a Utopia appeal to you? Do you think we wouldn't take away alot if we created a Utopia?
Please answer these questions!

2 comments:

  1. As your mother and biggest fan, I am compelled to respond.

    Utopia - hmmmm. We know from experience and example that utopias don't really work. In a perfect world they might. But our world is not perfect (though if you focus on the glorious part, on the goodness, kindness, creativity and unity that are often exhibited by humans throughout the world and try to put aside those things that would grieve us, it's a heck of a world to live in). So I guess I'm actually with you in that a utopia as our world currently stands would not be a good thing. 'Nough said?
    Love ya, Girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, enough was said.
    I hope other people will come and comment. (: *hinthint*

    ReplyDelete

Followers